TerraMaster F2-423 2-Bay High Performance NAS for SMB
Designed for SMB with High Performance Requirements
The 2-Bay F2-423 is suitable for SMB users who need high-performance storage solutions. High performance means that users can easily handle high-load assignments, while multiple business-level backup solutions guarantee data safety and prevent the potential risk of data loss.
This is a high-performance storage solution for iSCSI virtual storage and database service for SMB users. It uses an Intel Celeron N5095 quad-core processor with 2.0 GHz and maximum turbo to 2.9 GHz. It is integrated with a GPU graphics card, AES NI hardware encryption, and equipped with two 2.5 GbE interfaces and 4GB DDR4 dual-channel memory (expandable up to 32 GB).
Centralized Storage Setup sync and backup for multiple devices
Multiple Backup Solutions
Integrated with multiple backup applications, the F2-423 uses visual user interfaces and reliable storage technologies to protect your precious data.
Backups for virtual machines, employees’ PCs, and file servers are managed centrally, facilitating the rapid restoration of data after an incident.
To provide several offsite backup versions, Duple Backup offers advanced data protection by backing up files to another remoteTNAS, file server, or cloud drive.
Take continuous snapshots of your folders or iSCSI LUNs by enabling snapshot schedule. When a disaster occurs, it can roll back to points-in-time and restore to the last backup, ensuring your data is well protected.
Back up your data to a mainstream cloud drive to provide remote backup versions, making your data more secure.
Multi-Layers of Data Protection
Data Secured and Feature-packed Network Storage Server
The F2-423 device relies on the following data security layers to protect your data:
T-RAID array security protection
Automatic scheduled backup
Feature-packed Network Storage Server:
Supports several array modes, including RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10, JBOD and SINGLE, as well as HTTP, SMB/CIFS, AFP, FTP, NFS, and WebDAV
Additional features include users, user groups, and shared folder permissions settings.
Read/write permissions for every user can be set as needed, and network storage space can be allocated for photos, videos, music files, and office documents
Powerful Multimedia Service
With 4K video decoding capability, the F2-423 is compatible with uPnP/DLNA protocol and can stream videos to various multimedia devices, including computers, smart phones, media players and televisions, by using TerraMaster’s proprietary application Multimedia Server or the one from another third-party, to deliver users constant, reliable entertainment experiences.
Support for many file services (SMB, AFP, SFTP/FTP, iSCSI, NFS, and WebDAV) enables the F2-423 to successfully address cross-platform file service needs of different network environments.
The F2-423 supports Windows AD domain and LDAP required for seamless incorporation into existing business IT environments, while its permission management helps ensure data security.
The F2-423 satisfies virtualized application needs and provides additional functionality within one device with the use of professional virtualized apps, including VirtualBox and Docker, and by cooperating with Docker-compose and Portainer. This lowers the cost of corporate investment in IT.
Higher Transmission Speed
The F2-423 is configured with two 2.5 GbE interfaces, supporting 2.5 GbE high-speed network bandwidth. The transmission speed can reach 283 MB/s (Seagate IronWolf 18TB x 2, RAID 0). Link Aggregation provides a network bandwidth up to 5 Gb, thus providing a cost-effective solution for multi-user and high-concurrent file access.
The built-in M.2 NVMe slot realizes SSD cache acceleration and significantly increases the storage efficiency of the disk array. To meet performance enhancement expansion requirements, the memory can be extended to as large as 32 GB.
Enjoy thousands of containers on Docker
- These containers have been developed by leading practitioners in the international community, all of whom have benefited from advanced technology. With Docker Hub, a wide-ranging built-in image repository, users can access shared applications from other developers in the community.
- These containers have been developed by leading practitioners in the international community, all of whom have benefitted from advanced technology. With Docker Hub, a wide-ranging built-in image repository, users.
A Variety of Backup Methods
- Supports Apple Time Machine, Rsync, and Remote Backup support.
- Supports third-party backup solutions, Cloud Sync synchronization.
- Superspeed USB3.0 interface supports external storage backup. All kinds of drive formats including but not limited to EXT4, EXT3, FAT, NTFS, HFS+ are supported.
Smart Mobile App
- With the TNAS mobile app, quickly access your TNAS device and its multimedia data without restrictions, all simply through your iOS or Android system.
- TNAS.online spares you from setting up DDNS, complicated network settings, and further port forwarding rules when trying to access files on TNAS through the Internet.
- At no additional expense, the service provides a secure, modifiable URL that you can use to engage with audio and video content, along with other work files, on your Internet-enabled device.